On This Episode
Social Security is a complex system that impacts nearly everyone’s financial future. Despite its importance, there’s a lot that the average person doesn’t know or understand about it. Today we’re going to explore some of these lesser-known facts so that you can make the most informed decisions for your financial future.
Did you know that your Social Security benefits can be garnished by the federal government? Do you understand how Social Security benefits are taxed? Tune in as Mark discusses these topics and talks about work credits, spousal benefits, the earnings test, and more. Click play to learn more about the ins and outs of this important retirement benefit!
Here are the questions Mark answers in today’s show:
- What are work credits, and how do they impact Social Security benefits?
- How do spousal benefits work, and can non-working spouses receive benefits?
- Former spouses who were married for at least 10 years may be eligible to claim benefits based on their ex-spouse's earnings.
- What is the earnings test, and how can it affect early Social Security withdrawal?
- Your Social Security benefits can be garnished by the federal government.
Thanks for joining us! We’ll be back for another show every other Thursday.
Don't forget to subscribe to the show on your favorite app!